Underground Metal Blog since 2013

2023. február 22., szerda

Micke Andersson (In Pain)

 Interview with Micke Andersson 

(In Pain, SouthCoast Productions)


Hail Micke, I’m glad to talk to you in my humble blog again. My congratulations on your brilliant 2-nd full length album called “The Thing from the Grave”. Who was/were the main song and lyric writer? What should we know about the lyrics?

Micke: Hi man! Thanks. It was Wegren, Nicklas & I that wrote the album, 3 tracks each. I wrote all lyrics. Lyrics are the typical In Pain stuff, horror, gore and the occult.

In Pain worked again with legendary Swedish master Tomas Skogsberg. How went the recording process? By the way, what are your favourite albums, where Master Tomas was the producer?

Micke: It went smooth, nothing out of the ordinary. Always a pleasure to work with Tomas.
That’s a tough one, he’s done so many great productions but one of my favorites must be Grave - "Into the Grave".

(dedicated In Pain: 'The Thing from the Grave' -G//)

Before the recording and after that In Pain has line-up changes. (I wish to Mattias and Matte all the best and thank them for the awesome job they did for In Pain). Enlighten us the current line up of In Pain please.

Micke: It’s a bit complicated at the moment, but we are a rehearsing band. We have a new bassist but we aren’t quite ready to present the line-up for 2023.

Your killer artwork made Ola Larsson. How did you meet him?

Micke: I’ve seen his work and I really like what he does so I contacted him and asked if he was interested and the answer was yes. I actually met Ola in person some months ago, really nice person.


In Pain made an awesome video-clip called “Shallow Grave” for your previous LP. Are you planning to make a new one?

Micke: The plan was there but it didn’t happen due to several things. Maybe we will do a video for this later on. Next one we will definitely make one.

Tell the readers more about your SouthCoast Productions.

Micke: Nothing to tell really, I started the label to get my music out and other bands that I like. I’m not aiming to release tons of records each year. It’s an underground label.


Perhaps you know, that my blog is eternally dedicated to Jon Andreas Nödtveidt (R.I.C.) and after the sad departure of Lars-Göran Petrov (R.I.P.) I decided to dedicate my humble work to his memory as well… Did you meet them in the past and played together? Have you any preferred releases from their heritage?

Micke: I met them many years ago, nothing more than a chat after a gig or so. Never shared the stage with either of them.
Dissection - The Somberlain
Entombed - Left Hand Path

Do you have any favourite books and movies?

Micke: Tough one! I don’t read that often but when I do it’s mostly occult literature.
There are many movies that I like, one of them is The Ninth Gate, really like the atmosphere in that one.

What are your plans with the live shows? It would be awesome to see you live in Hungary or in Slovakia in the near future.

Micke: We have some gigs in the planning stage but nothing settled right now. Don’t think we will play in Hungary or Slovakia this year but who knows?

(a kind dedication from Micke and awesome gifts, In Pain CDs he sent me-G//)

What are your favourite releases for 2022?

Micke: So much music comes out all the time that it’s impossible to listen to it all.
Some that come to mind:
Autopsy- Morbidity Triumphant
Midnight - Let there be Witchery
Temple of Void - Summoning the Slayer

Tack så mycket, Micke, our best wishes to you, Hail In Pain! To complete the interview, send your thoughts in the end, please.

Micke: Thank you for your support and dedication man. Keep the underground alive and support the artists that you like, buy their records, merch etc.
Cheers!!


(Questions compiled by Georgius and Joanna (Poland/Germany)

Important links:





















Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése