Underground Metal Blog since 2013

2024. március 18., hétfő

Vincent Crowley

 Interview with Vincent Crowley

(Vincent Crowley Band, Infidel Reich, Dominari, Acheron)

Ave Vincent! On the 23th of February Vincent Crowley Band unleashed the second album “Anthology Of Horror” and I must admit that is just simply brilliant stuff in my humble opinion. Would you be so kind to share some information about the line-up, the song-writing and recording process, lyrical themes and artwork? How do you describe the style of your music?

VC- Thank you! The line-up is Art Taylor and Eric Stewart on Guitars, Ryan Arter on Drums, Tim Wilson on Bass, and myself on vocals. The VINCENT CROWLEY band likes to refer to ourselves as Macabre Metal and a Musical Horror Experience. Our music is more rooted in traditional Heavy Metal, but with my vocals that gives it a taste of death. But we have influences of all kinds of things, including Doom, Death, Black, and even Thrash. After the release of the debut album “Beyond Acheron”, which were stories based on themes linked to death, I wanted to keep telling stories, but even more in the Horror realm. On “Anthology of Horror”, we embarked on going 100% into that topic. Due to the COVID restrictions at the time, the band just started writing new material after the debut, since we couldn’t do shows. On this album, we truly found our direction for the band. “Beyond Acheron” was a album that helped Art and I shed the skin of our previous band ACHERON. This album completed the process. As for the artwork, German artist Timo Wuerz, who did the first VINCENT CROWLEY cover and ACHERON cover’s during the 2000’s era, also did this one. He did a great piece that linked all of the song ideas together. 

In my Hungarian review in Kronos Mortus I’ve marked 10 this album, I really enjoyed every single moment in your new opus. You made 2 awesome videos for the new LP. Tell us more about these videos, please. Do you plan to create new video(s) for the “Anthology Of Horror” in the near future?

VC- I did see this and appreciate the great review. I’m glad you enjoyed it. The videos were made by Carl Assault at VISUAL MEDIA ASSAULT. He does great work in the style I absolutely love. The lyric video “That Which Lurks Below the Sea” is like an old black and white horror monster movie. And “Amityville’s Horror” is a band video that captures the feel of a 70’s Grindhouse film. We do have plans to do more videos. The next one up will be for the song “Under the Hanging Tree”. We hope to start filming that as soon as the weather gets warmer and we can do some filming outside. 

I know that you are a big supporter of Mercyful Fate/King Diamond and your King Diamond cover, “Killer” is an awesome job, I think, King Diamond would be proud! Why did you choose this particular track from Spider’s Lullaby”?

VC- Yes, those bands are a big inspiration to me. It would be great to have King listen to it. I chose that song because it was an obscure one from an album that wasn’t very popular with older fans. That fact is “Killer” is a great tune and it totally fit the theme of our album. And The Spider’s Lullaby is a very underrated album.  

Vincent Crowley Band signed to Dutch Hammerheart Records, I think, that’s great because they do a great job for their hordes. How do you see that?

VC- It has been a wonderful experience working with HAMMERHEART RECORDS. They took a chance with the band and believed in us and have really helped to get our music out there to the fans. Hopefully the album does well and we can return to do another album with them. I already have ideas for the next one! 

Are there any plans to play live with Vincent Crowley band in Europe this year?

VC- That is our plan. We just signed with NICK GRIMA MANAGEMENT/BOOKING to try to get on some fests or shows. Hopefully something comes up for this year. 

As I’m your follower of your official YouTube channel, I’ve found a lot of interesting and rare stuff. Please introduce your channel to the readers.

VC- The VINCENT CROWLEY channel on YOUTUBE is something I first started just to post my music. Then I started to get more active on it and began doing Q&A’s from fans. Now, I’m trying to do other things too, such as special episodes and interviews with others. It is a way to keep in touch with the fans and make it more personal. 

I listened to Dominari-demo on your channel, awesome Death-Black material! There are any chances for the full-length?

VC- You never know? I’d like too, but it all depends on my free-time. But I can see at least an EP coming out in the future, it time permits. 


I wrote two Hungarian reviews in Kronos Mortus about Infidel Reich-albums, namely “Reichenstein” (2019) and “New World Outrage” (2021). I liked a lot all the tracks of Infidel Reich and I’m sad that you stopped activity with that horde. What are your favourite tracks from the EP and two LPs? It would be possible in the near future to release a new Infidel Reich album?

VC- INFIDEL REICH was a special project to me. We did it at a time when the scene needed to stir the pot and be rebellious again. It was a very artistic way of expressing our disgust for the “safe” world of today. I don’t have any favorite songs, because each has a special place in my dark heart. The band never broke up. We are just on a hiatus until we feel the time is right to launch another Metal attack. 


I’m an old supporter of Acheron since early 90s and what do you think: It will be an Acheron-reunion later?

VC- It has been over 5 years since I did a live show with ACHERON. At the present time, I don’t see the need to do one. But I’ll never say never. But it would have to be one hell of a special show to do so. And you never know, I may record a few new ACHERON songs in the future, but it won’t be another full-length album. 


You were a guest vocalist on the Brazilian Beelzeebuth’s track Black Slave Ship (The Triumph of Death) and in Polish DeathEpoch’s track Genocide V in 2020, if I’m not mistaken. Tell us more about this Infernal collaboration.

VC- Armado from MYSTIFIER, who I have been friends with, asked be to do guest lead vocals for that song on his solo BEELZEEBUTH album, which I gladly did. And DEATHEPOCH asked me to do some vocals in a part of their song. Both are great bands and the songs were well written tunes. It was great to be included on their albums.  


Thank you very much Vincent, it was a pleasure to talk to you again, total support from my side to you always. Send your message beyond the Acheron to the readers of Archangel’s Lantern to complete this conversation.

VC- It has been a pleasure to again be featured in ARCHANGEL’S LANTERN. Your support is hailed! Darkness comes in many forms, and we hope everyone picks up the new VINCENT CROWLEY album “Anthology of Horror” on HAMMERHEART RECORDS. Also, make sure to visit my VINCENT CROWLEY channel on YOUTUBE and leave your comments on the videos. I always enjoy hearing from the fans. May your 2024 be successful! 


Important links: 




















Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése