Interview with Mozz (Metal Mates)
Hello, bro Mozz of Metal Mates, welcome to my small blog, Archangel’s Lantern. How and when did you get introduced to metal music? What were your very first stuff (cassette, CD, vinyl)? Which metal-band did you see live for the first time?
- Hello bro Georgius. From the early 1990's, I basically started out with classic rock bands like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, and then to Black Sabbath, Mötley Crüe, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and so on. The transition goes on to more extreme forms of thrash, death and some black metal but I'm not much into more of experimental styles. Shout at the Devil by Mötley Crüe is one of my first heavy metal albums which i bought it on cassette and vinyl. I started seeing live on local bands or lesser known acts and Accept was the first among the well-known bands.
When did you create your facebook-group called Metal Mates? Would you be so kind as to tell us all the important information about Metal Mates? What is your main goal with your excellent facebook-group?
- I created the group in June, 2012 with the name Metal Maniac but soon after I renamed it to Metal Mates. Our mission is to help the good unknown bands for better recognition, to help each other and discover the worthy acts from the underground scene. I wanted to support Heavy Metal music on every possible way, by sharing the forgotten gems, promoting good new releases and so on.
Did you write any reviews or do interviews with bands for magazines ever?
- I didn't write reviews nor interviewing for magazines. But on Metal Mates group, i do reviewing albums and band presentation through a Pin-up post.
I’m always so glad when I see your music posts about underrated or unknown bands for a lot of people. Could you please name 5-10 of your favourite underrated bands and their albums? What are your favourite materials from well- known bands and favourite musicians (singers, guitarists, etc.)?
- I have many favourite musicians, singers etc. including the solo instrumental players but I can't name them all. Here are some of my favourite albums.
Culprit - Guilty as Charged
Tension - Breaking Point
Lords of the Crimson Alliance - Lords of the Crimson Alliance
Oz - Fire in the Brain
Warrant - The Enforcer
Anthracite - Plus précieux que l'or
Steel Angel - And the Angels Were Made of Steel
Magnus - The Gods of Crime
Torture - Storm Alert
Dream Death - Journey into Mystery
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destinny
Accept - Balls to the wall
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell
Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise
Sodom - Agent Orange
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
You have a chance to create a super metal group. What will be your line-up?
- Imagine the band is playing Power/Thrash Metal, that would be Mike Howe (Metal Church) on vocals, Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) on guitars, Jeff Waters (Annihilator) on guitars, D.D. Verni (Overkill) on bass, and Gene Hoglan (Dark Angel, Testament...) on the drums.
What are your favourite album releases so far this year?
- My favourite album releases so far this year :
Paragon - Hell Beyond Hell
Protector - Cursed and Coronated
Striker - Stand in the Fire
Metal Church - XI
Anvil - Anvil Is Anvil
What is your opinion about downloads?
- I hate illegal downloads. Even if you don't have a chance to see them live, buying their albums is the best way for showing support to your favourite bands.
What are your favourite books and movies?
- I like some fictional movies, barbarian fantasy or adventures which is based on a book or novel, like Conan the Barbarian and so on. I enjoyed those books as well.
Do you have any special hobbies besides listening to music?
- I enjoy Facebook online, watching television, traveling and some sport activities. Football is my game.
What are your favourite football teams?
- Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United.
Thank you very much for the interview bro Mozz! Wish You all the best with Metal Mates and please send your thoughts to the readers in the end...
- Thank you bro Georgius, It was great pleasure to answer your questions. Long live Heavy Metal. Hail to you and Archangel’s Lantern.