Interview with E.I.-M.
(Sacrilegious Rite, Lunar Chalice, Gloriam)
Hail brother E.I.-M. you are very welcome to Archangel’s Lantern again! I’m so thankful for the amazing CD-s you sent me this year (Sacrilegious Rite: “De Poetica Tenebris” and Lunar Chalice: “Night Poetry”. How was the reception of these two excellent materials among the fans and underground ‘zines?
- Thank you very much for the interview again and for your words regarding the two mentioned releases. The reactions were pretty good so far. The potential which had been brought into them, had been noticed, which is important for everyone involved. And for sure we are working on new material for all bands which I’m involved in.
As far as I know, Sacrilegious Rite had some changes in the line-up. Would you be so kind to present the current members of your band?
- Besides me there is A., my right hand on the second guitar, on drums we’re working now with John Berry who’s also involved in Slaughter Messiah and Nocturnal and on Bass, but only on studio records, there is N., who also performs with me in Lunar Chalice. We have several candidates who play live bass. On tour it’s Alessio Medici from Italy and when it’s about to be local or in our surroundings, there is Aaron Feller, a young but promising talented musician.
- Totally! Sacrilegious Rite is my tool of expression.... it expresses my view on the world , my inner and spiritual journeys through the realms beyond and my personal look into the abyss.
The whole music has been composed by me but everyone involved put his own mark on the record. The lyrics for „Et Diabolus Incarnatus est“ were written by me but the lyrics for „Arise from Thy Sleep“ were written by a Bavarian friend of mine. The last song is H.P. Lovecraft related and he is a lot into the matter. It has been very good collaboration here.
- In times before Covid I visited a lot of countries, mainly in Eastern Europe. The tour alone brought me there but I also like to travel a lot in private with my wife. We visited Italy in January, Milano and Genova, for sightseeing and visiting friends.
Danke Sehr/Thank you very much, brother! Send some thoughts please at the end of the interview.
- I thank you a lot for the interview my longtime, brother. I hope we'll meet one day and have a blonde or two. I really enjoyed the questions, proving the speed it has been answered HaHa. Wish you all the best and I am happy to be a part of ARCHANGEL's LANTERN, once again! Danke sehr!